Below is a list of health improvements I have experienced since adopting a whole food, plant based lifestyle.
- Off all of my medications since 1-30-2012 approximately 2 months after beginning my new lifestyle
- Saved thousands of dollars on medications as I no longer need them
- No more pricking my finger multiple times a day for blood readings
- A1C levels (blood sugar) in the normal range
- Cholesterol levels in the normal range
- Blood Pressure always in normal range, I used to take Lisinopril for a time
- Energy levels have improved drastically
- Psoriasis has practically been eliminated, I used to have red patches and scaly dandruff on my scalp
- #2 are normal and are much easier (plus they do not stink nearly as much). If you are curious about what a normal poop should look like search Bristol Stool Chart on the internet.
- Heartburn – I used to get heartburn at least 2-3 times a week and always had Zantac, Pepcid AC, or Tums close by, even on my nightstand. Since I changed my eating back on 12-3-11 I have not had heartburn once. I am Mexican and eat a ton of jalapeños and spicy foods and sauces.
- Weight Loss – When I began this lifestyle I weighed 254 lbs and as of 1-13-15 I weigh 210 lbs. The weight I am at now is what I weighed in 7th grade. My weight will fluctuate up or down 5 lbs but I have been at this consistent weight for 2.5 years. I eat frequently and am never hungry.
- Because of losing the weight I feel less aches and pains and I believe it is due to the 44 lbs I lost. Less pressure on my joints and muscles thus less pains and aches.
- I used to feel a crash after I ate a meal and would feel lightheaded and tired. Not to mention after many meals I would feel like there was a rock in my stomach. Since eating differently I eat until I am full and do not get the crashes or the feeling of a rock in my belly.
- I feel GREAT the majority of the time whereas before I would have mood swings due to my diabetes
- MY KIDS AND INLAWS ARE FORBIDDEN FROM READING THIS BULLET ——- KIDS AND INLAWS STOP READING —— DID YOU STOP——- STOP—– Sex life has seen dramatic improvement. One of the side affects of diabetes is you slowly but surely begin to have difficulties with your sexual performance. This was beginning to happen to me but within 3-4 months of my new lifestyle I felt like I was back in my 20’s.
Sign up for Free Recipes and Tips
Please donate to our non-profit: These donations are used to pay for expenses such as the website, speaker fees, printing, mailings, advertising, legal fees, accounting fees, etc. Your donation is tax deductible through our 501(c)3 status. Thank you!
- @JDue51 @UMichFootball 88 or 89 1 day ago
- RT @richroll : Kim Williams, MD @cardio10s Wants To Put Cardiologists Out Of Business - the path to eradicating heart disease #RRP✌🏼🌱 https:… 1 day ago
- 11 years ago today we lost the great Bo Schembechler. He was more than a coach--he was like a father to me. #GoBlue… https://t.co/yc8PzCmntL 1 day ago
- RT @waynepacelle : Glad to debunk the notion that killing elephants saves elephants. Thanks @mitchellreports for the discussion. https://t.… 1 day ago